Garden & Landscape Designers in Lancaster, PA
Designing a garden is an exciting and rewarding endeavor.
No matter what kind of garden design you are in the market for—courtyard garden, a garden with structures, natural garden, Japanese garden, swimming pool garden, or even a commercial garden—our proven process delivers results that are customized to your particular needs and which will grow with you through the years.
In order to provide you with honest answers that meet your unique needs, we’ll take an accurate topographic survey to provide the real-world foundation for the planning process. We’ll also keep in mind the community, climate, soils, and environment which frame your home and garden.
Contour lines describe the existing soil elevations and proposed grade changes. With this information, we plan how to move surface water away from your home and control its movement through your property. Where appropriate, we recapture as much of the rainwater as suitable for your garden’s soils.
Our plans show initial sizes of new plants and allowances made for growth, informed by our real-world experience in garden maintenance. This information has tremendous value; rather than throw out your landscape often because of poor planning, you will own a garden that grows in beauty and value with each successive phase.
Would you like to see how the new garden ideas will look from your picture window? For custom gardens, 3-D visualization is the closest thing to a test drive. If you choose this option, you can ‘walk’ through your proposed garden and see each part with striking realism, including lighting changes at different times of day or night. Our 3-D design option allows all of us—client, designer, and crews—to clearly communicate our expectations. Some clients can “see” a proposed change in their home or garden in their minds “eye”. For those who want a more visual representation of the new spaces, this new capability is an affordable confirmation that their investment will be a delight.
We utilize collaboration and exploration in much of the work that we do, always growing to learn more skills as a team and push our designs to the next level.
We build and care for gardens from Philadelphia to Carlisle, serving clients in Lancaster, Hershey, Chester, York, Harrisburg, Montgomery County and, for special projects, as far away as Boston. Our clients enjoy a lifetime of support through skilled maintenance. In fact, we continue to serve our very first clients!
Hanselman team members value and respect our clients property and privacy. We strive to work in a manner that minimizes disruptions and disturbance to your home.
Our garden design process
Frequently Asked Questions About Landscape Design and Projects
Does Hanselman do both design and installation for garden and landscape design services?
Yes. Our design service helps us refine the goals you have for your garden into a workable plan. When you approve of the design, you can rely on our expert craftsmen to help you make your garden design a reality! We always invite your participation, believing that you will be an ideal partner who cares deeply about your own garden. Because plants are living, growing organisms, we also have teams dedicated to helping you through the years with pruning and ongoing garden care.
To read about what our clients have to say about our work, click here to read customer testimonials.
What is Hanselman’s Garden Design Process?
Our garden design process is composed of 5 parts:
– Explore: First, we listen… to your goals, aspirations and ideas, during our free consultation. We answer your questions and discuss how we can take your garden hopes and make them a reality! If we are a good fit, you may choose to commission us to provide plans that reflect the vision we developed together.
– Design: In this step of the process, we use CAD to draft an overhead view of your garden plan, where the dimensions for each part of your garden are addressed. We can also create a 3-D rendering of your garden to better visualize the garden plan.
– Build: During the build phase of the garden development process, your dreams become reality thanks to the hands of our skilled craftsmen.
– Enjoy: This is when the planning and hard work begins to pay off! The joy of our clients is how we judge our success.
– Nurture: Over the years, we will partner with you to guide the living components of your garden into a growing legacy of beauty.
Does Hanselman provide garden design services outside of PA?
Our company is headquartered in Manheim, Pennsylvania and we primarily provide landscape and garden design services to clients around Pennsylvania, mostly to the South Central and Eastern Regions. We regularly work in Lancaster County, Lebanon County, Berks County, Dauphin County, Cumberland County, York County and counties surrounding Philadelphia (Chester County, Delaware County and Montgomery County). However, we have installed gardens for clients in surrounding states, such as New York, Maryland, New Jersey and Massachusetts who requested our specialized garden construction team. We also deliver specialized plants, often our pruned Japanese Pines, throughout much of the US.
For more information about our service area, click here to contact us.
What types of garden designs does Hanselman provide?
At Hanselman Landscape and Gardens, we provide a wide range of garden design services. By listening to your dreams, we provide custom environments which meet your needs. Some of the different types of garden design we are known for include:
The Gardener’s Journal
- BRINGING YOU THE BEST IN ‘CLASSIC ROCK’If the thought of ‘fake’ rock does not jive with you, we offer the real thing: classic, stable, … Read more
- GARDEN VIEWThere is something exhilarating about being outdoors on a blustery, rainy day. With the wind sweeping through the … Read more
- A GARDEN TO TEND AND NURTURE . . . .As gardeners, our great commission is to care for and protect all of the gardens entrusted to us. … Read more